Strength: Seated hamstring stretch aids flexibility in the back of your thighs that will help prevent injuries and optimise your running stride.
- Stand behind a bench or chair.
- Place your right foot on the chair, keeping the leg straight.
- Keep the toes of your left foot facing forward (they will have a tendency to turn out).
- Reach forward from your waist.
- Keep your back straight and don’t slouch.
Don’t overstretch and don’t bounce your stretch. Hold the stretch and reach a little further forward as your muscle relaxes into the stretch.
Sets and reps
Hold the stretch for 30 seconds and repeat it twice on both legs.