By strengthening the muscles in the front of your lower leg, you will help to prevent an imbalance between your calf and shin muscles. This is important to prevent muscle strain and the dreaded shin splints. The Prevent injury: Toe flex is the optimum way to do this. happy flexing!
- Tie a resistance band around a secure object.
- Sitting down, place your right lower leg over a low step with your foot hanging over the edge.
- Hook the resistance band around your toes, ensuring you have tension in the band when your toes are slightly pointed.
- Pull your toes up towards your shins.
- Slowly lower with control.
- Complete one set on the right before changing over to the left.
Ensure it’s only your ankle doing the movement and not your knee as well.