Strong back muscles will help with shock absorption while you run. In fact, it is no over-exaggeration to say that the back is the greatest body part to protect before running. No runner wants to deal with the enigma that is back pain as diagnosis and recovery is a magical mystery tour. That is why the Prevent injury: Superman move is crucial.
- Lie on your stomach on the floor with both arms extended above your head.
- Lift your right arm and left leg off the floor.
- Slowly return to the floor.
- Repeat with your left arm and right leg.
- Alternate between right and left.
Only lift as high as you feel comfortable.