Prevent injury: Stability ball curl ensures that you have strong hamstrings that will improve your running power. Hamstrings are often the root cause of other discomfort in your lower back and pelvis/hips. Take care to stretch them and the notoriously tight IT bands on your outer thighs and you will fly through training sessions!
- Lie on your back with your feet on the ball and your arms next to your side.
- Lift your hips off the floor to form a straight line through your shoulders, hips and feet (this is the starting position).
- Bend your knees and roll the ball in towards your bottom.
- Straighten your legs back to the starting position.
- Don’t lower your hips to the floor.
Squeeze your bottom and pull your tummy tight, but don’t hold your breath.