Prevent injury: Kneel and lift is a great exercise for isolating the muscles in your bottom. The posterior is the largest muscles in your body – so work it!
- Kneel on all fours.
- Extend your left leg sideways to form a 90° angle at your hip.
- Turn your toes down to the floor, with your heel facing up to the ceiling.
- Keep your tummy muscles tight.
- Lift your leg up until it’s level with your hips.
- Lower back down to the floor.
- Complete one set on the left before changing over to the right.
If the supporting muscles in your hip cramp up, change over to the other side and build up until you can do a full set.