The Prevent injury: Heel walking exercise increases Lateral (side) strength that aims to reduce fatigue and injuries on the road. You will look like a hobbler doing this, but it will certainly prevent such hobbling once you start running!
- Lie on your left side with your left knee bent and your right (top) leg straight.
- Place your left elbow directly underneath your left shoulder.
- Lift your hip off the floor to form a straight line between your shoulders, hips and knees.
- Hold the top position and lift your right leg.
- Lower your right leg to the floor.
- Repeat the leg-lift position only.
- Complete one set before changing over to the other side.
Keep your tummy muscles tight to protect your shoulder from injury.