Prevent injury: Bridge toe raise will fire up your glutes, hamstrings, calves and lower back to prevent running injury and improve your running posture. Be careful not to overarch and put too much pressure on the lower back and be sure to keep your shoulders down and loose.
- Lie on your back on the floor.
- Place your feet flat on the floor with your heels close to your bottom.
- Lift your hips off the floor until they form a straight line between your knees, hips and shoulders.
- Squeeze your bottom and pull your tummy tight.
- Hold the top position.
- Lift onto your toes.
- Slowly lower your heels and then your bottom until you touch the floor, but don’t rest completely.
If you feel your muscles cramping, rest for a few seconds and build up until you can do the full set.