It’s incredible how effective the results can be when you add a dumbbell. Adding a weight to simple exercises overload the muscles to trigger their development and give that extra 10 per cent to be leaner and meaner. Adding weights will also keep your metabolism firing for hours after your finish. PS. Make sure that you give yourself adequate time for your muscles to recover and repair the tiny tears to their structure.
- Lie on your back on the floor with your knees bent.
- Hold a weight behind your head and use it to support your head.
- Lift your head and shoulders off the floor.
- Focus on moving your ribcage towards your hips.
- Slowly lower with control.
If your feel pain in your neck, hold the weight on your chest with one hand and support your head with the other.