Weighted cross overs tone the upper section of your waistline and is also very useful when you run trails, as it will help with balance. Be sure to keep your neck protected by gently putting your hand behind your head. If you start to feel like you are pushing your head up with your hand, stop the exercise, as it means you are no longer using your abs to push up, but your back. Take a moment to regroup and start again when you know that you can retain good form. Remember, this is about quality, not quantity.
- Lie on your back with both legs pointing straight up to the ceiling.
- Hold a weight in your right arm and place your left arm behind your head.
- Crunch your head and shoulders off the floor.
- Cross your right arm over your body and push the weight up to your left foot.
- Slowly lower with control.
- Complete one set on the right before changing over to the left.
Press your lower back down into the floor throughout the exercise.