The Russian core strength stability ball twist is a great way to improve your balance and co-ordination. That’s actually quite the understatement as this move requires a great deal of concentration, deep breathing and a technique to suppress fits of giggles in order to master any sort of balance. Because of this, it is very important to make sure that you complete each move with the correct technique, rather than lots of reps when you’re half falling off. Have a practice and then start your sets once you’ve got the hang of it. Good luck!
- Lie with your head and shoulders on a stability ball.
- Extend your arms straight up towards the ceiling.
- Ensure that you have a straight line between your head, hips and knees.
- Without moving your feet, rotate your upper body to the left until you are resting on your shoulder.
- Hold the position.
- Return to the centre position before repeating to the right.
Keep your tummy muscles tight and squeeze your bottom.