Powerful hamstrings will improve your running cadence (rate of leg turnover), so you will be able to run faster and more efficiently. Take on Balancing act: Resistance curls and you will be well on your way to a PB!
- Tie a resistance band around your right ankle.
- Stand with your left foot on the band and hold the edge in your left hand.
- Keep your knees together, with your right foot slightly behind your body.
- Ensure that there is tension in your resistance band.
- Curl your right leg up towards your bottom.
- Slowly lower with control.
- Complete one set on the right before changing over to the left.
Keep your upper body upright and your stomach tight.