So you’re half way through the working week but end of play on Friday still seems so far away. Here’s five ways running can help you recover your mid-week mojo and power you through to the weekend.
- You’ll be happier. Getting physical releases endorphins which interact with receptors in your brain lifting your spirits and making you feel good.
- You’ll be energised. When you’re tired, working out might be the last thing on your mind. But if you muster the motivation you’ll feel better for it.
- You’ll feel stronger. Running gets you into better condition both physically and mentally. This can help you feel empowered and ready to take on whatever life throws at you.
- You’ll be less stressed. This comes back to those happiness-inducing endorphins. As well as lifting your mood, they’ll ease anxiety and help you to unwind.
- You’ll win back some me time. When you’re caught up in the daily grind, it can be hard to set aside a little time for yourself. So head out for a run whether it’s with a friend or on your own with nothing but good tunes for company.