Celebrate Pancake Day with this recipe from Plenish
We love any excuse to eat pancakes, especially when they come with a side of nutritional benefits! Celebrate Pancake Day with this recipe from Plenish, which uses their hazelnut milk for a dairy-free chocolate pancake delight.
“While dairy is a great source of nutrition, plant milks offer up something a little different,” says nutritionist Jenny Hardwick. “They tend to be low in saturated fat and are often fortified with key vitamins and minerals, making them a great alternative and ideal for your running nutrition.”
Looking for more pancake recipes? Here’s our round-up of the best!
Time: 10-15 minutes
- 1 cup (90g) rolled oats
- ⅓ cup of Plenish hazelnut milk
- 1 large banana
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp coconut oil to fry
- Option to add 1tbsp maple and a pinch of salt
- 50g dark chocolate
- 1 tsp coconut oii
- Place all the ingredients for the pancakes (except the coconut oil for frying) in a high-speed blender and blitz until smooth.
- Heat the coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan. Add 2 – 3 tbsp of batter (enough to make a medium pancake) and fry on medium-low heat for about 45 seconds on both sides, or until golden. Repeat for all the remaining batter.
- Place the chocolate and coconut oil in a heatproof bowl over a pan filled with a little boiled water. The bowl shouldn’t touch the water. Simmer, stirring regularly, until the chocolate melts.
- Pour the chocolate sauce over the pancakes to serve.
Prefer crêpes to pancakes? Try Plenish’s oatmeal vegan treat recipe!