If you’re craving a tasty and nutritious post-run meal, look no further than this protein-packed pitta!
Wholegrain pitta provides plenty of fibre plus carbs to refuel after your workout. Along with protein, chicken contains selenium, a trace element that helps protect muscles from the free-radical damage that can occur during exercise, and B vitamins, important for energy production. Add plenty of spinach to provide additional antioxidants, vitamin C and magnesium to support muscle recovery.
- 100g cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 1tbsp pesto
- 1 wholegrain or seeded pitta
- 1 roasted red pepper (from a jar), cut into strips
- Few slices of cucumber
- Handful of chopped romaine lettuce
- Mix together the chicken and pesto. Split the pitta and stuff with the chicken, red pepper and spinach.
423kcal, protein 41.8g, carbohydrates 44.8g, sugars 8.1g, fat 8.2g, saturates 0.9g