Whether you’re fuelling up after a morning run or fancy a sweet snack in the evening, nothing beats a delicious bowl of granola. The perfect blend of carbohydrate and protein, it makes for a great recovery meal, particularly when enjoyed with protein-rich milk or yoghurt. However, you only have to glance at the glaring red label on the packaging of many shop-bought granolas to see that it can be loaded with sugar and high in saturated fat. Make it from scratch and you not only cut down on refined sugars, but additives too. This healthy recipe by Whole Earth is low in refined sugars, and contains only natural, nutrient-rich ingredients. Made from Whole Earth’s new 3 Nut Butter, it’s packed with protein, fibre and unsaturated fat, perfect for topping up your energy stores and boosting muscle recovery post run. What could be better?
- 180g rolled oats
- 4 tbsp Whole Earth 3 Nut Butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 170c/325f/Gas 3.
- Place the 3 Nut Butter, coconut oil, maple syrup/honey and cinnamon in a pan and melt on a gentle heat (it should only take 30/40 seconds).
- Place the oats into a bowl and pour over the wet ingredients. Combine well.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Pour mixture onto the greaseproof paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Toss once midway through.
- Allow to cool on a baking sheet, so you get some good-size granola chunks!