Short on time and fancy something healthy, refreshing, and tasty for dinner? Try one of these three recipes developed by clinical dietician Dr. Schenker – each including a pouch of Tilda quick and easy rice or Quinoa. These recipes are ideal for boosting your energy levels pre run and for fuelling your post-run recovery! Plus, they’re quick to make and are packed full of flavour.
Beetroot and Feta Rice Salad
■ 1 pouch of Tilda Brown Basmati and Quinoa
■ 50g green beans, trimmed
■ 1 large orange, segmented
■ 2 large handfuls baby spinach leaves
■ 1 cooked beetroot (not in vinegar), cut into
■ 60g feta, diced
■ 50g pecan nuts, roughly chopped (optional)
■ 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
■ Drizzle of honey
■ 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Cook the beans in boiling water for two minutes, drain and run under cold water to cool. Peel and segment the oranges, catching any juiceover a bowl.
2. Place the rice (no need to heat the rice) and spinach leaves in a large salad bowl and add the beans, oranges, beetroot, feta and nuts. Season with salt and pepper and toss together.
3. Add the vinegar, honey and oil to the orange juice and whisk together and pour over the salad.
Lemon and Leek Prawns
■ 1 pouch of Tilda Brown Basmati & Quinoa
■ 1 tablespoon of olive oil
■ 175g baby leeks, sliced or 1 medium leek, trimmed, sliced
■ 1 small knob of ginger, peeled and finely grated
■ Half a red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
■ 1 clove of garlic, crushed
■ 200g cooked tiger prawns
■ Juice of half a lemon
1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the leeks and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened.
2. Heat the pouch of rice according to pack instructions.
3. Add the ginger, chilli and garlic to the pan, cook for a minute, then add the prawns and cook until heated through.
4. Stir through the cooked rice and squeeze over lemon juice to serve. Season to taste.
5. Serve piping hot.
Lamb & Apricot Meatballs with Jewelled Rice
Ingredients for the meatballs
■ 250g lean minced lamb
■ ½ onion, finely chopped
■ 6 dried apricots, finely chopped
■ 50g breadcrumbs
■ 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
■ 1 teaspoon Ras El Hanout spice mix
■ 1 small egg, beaten
■ Black pepper and salt to taste
■ 1 pouch of Tilda Garden Vegetable and Quinoa brown
■ 1 teaspoon olive oil
■ 3 spring onions, chopped
■ 50g blanched almonds (optional) alternatively use
■ 50g pomegranate seeds
■ 100g cherry tomatoes, diced
■ Squeeze of lemon juice
1. Place all of the meatball ingredients into a bowl, season with a pinch of salt and plenty of black pepper and mix together with your hands to form 12 evenly sized small balls.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan and sear the meatballs for 5 minutes until browned all over a high heat, then turn down the heat and cook for another 10 minutes until cooked through. Remove the meatballs and keep warm.
3. Using the same pan, add the spring onions and cook for three minutes. Add the rice, almonds (or cranberries), pomegranate seeds, tomatoes and squeeze over some lemon juice. Stir well and heat through. Season to taste.
4. Serve the meatballs on a bed of rice.