Joe Wicks’ creamy chickpea curry loaded sweet potato
A lovely, simple recipe from Joe Wicks and Gousto's Lean in 15 range...
Total Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
- 0.5 0.5 brown onion
- 0.5 0.5 red chilli
- 0.5 0.5 lime
- 0.5 0.5 garlic clove
- 7.5 7.5 g fresh root ginger
- 12.5 12.5 g cashew nuts
- 2.5 2.5 g coriander
- 60 60 g baby leaf spinach
- 0.5 0.5 tbsp korma curry powder
- 1/2 Knorr vegetable stock cube
- 1 1 medium sweet potatoes
- 8 8 g tomato paste
- 12.5 12.5 g solid coconut cream
- 0.5 0.5 400g can of chickpeas
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/ 200°C (fan)/ 425°F/ Gas 7. Pierce the sweet potatoes with a fork, then cook in the microwave for 5-7 mins. Transfer to a baking tray with a drizzle of vegetable oil and a pinch of salt and cook for 12-15 mins until the skin is crispy. Boil half a kettle and chop onion, ginger and garlic.
- Heat a pan with 1 tbsp vegetable oil. Once hot, add the chopped onion with a pinch of salt and cook for 4-6 mins. Add chopped ginger, garlic and korma curry powder, and cook for 1-2 mins.
- Dissolve ½ Knorr vegetable stock cube and the coconut cream in 200ml boiled water. Add the tomato paste and stir it together for the stock.
- Rinse the chickpeas, then add the coconut stock, and drain into your pan to cook for 4-5 mins until it thickens.
- Wash the spinach, pop in a colander and pour boiled water over it so it starts to wilt. Rinse the wilted spinach under the cold tap until it’s cool, then squeeze water out of it.
- Once the curry has thickened, add the wilted spinach and the juice of ½ lime – this is your chickpea curry.
- When the potatoes are cooked, add the cashew nuts to the tray and return to the oven for 2-3 mins until the nuts are golden. Watch them like a hawk so they don’t burn.
- Slice the red chilli[es] into rounds. Chop the coriander roughly, including the stalks and cut the lime into wedges.
- Cut the sweet potatoes in half, lengthways, and fill with the chickpea curry. Garnish with the chilli rounds, coriander,nuts and a lime wedge – bosh!