We take a closer look at how NURVV's tracking system can help improve our running
Have you heard of NURVV? If you haven’t, you soon will do. NURVV is on a mission to provide us with the power to understand what our bodies are truly capable of and find our true potential.
Okay, so you might have a sports watch. You might have a couple of apps on your phone that monitor your training, your heart rate and a few other things besides. You might have a running coach, too. You might have all these things. But then along comes a very special bit of tech that aims to do more than ALL of the above. This tech is called NURVV Run.
Through a special insole, a small wearable device and an app, NURVV Run captures running technique data as you run using 32 sensors embedded into the insole. It then analyses the data using biomechanical pinciples and offers real-time coaching and insights to help you improve technique.
Along with heart rate tracking, elevation and Strava integration, NURVV Run also offers these smart additions:
- Daily Run Allowance: a recommendation on how much you should run to keep your training load optimised, while minimising injury risk. Using your running history, it calculates the perfect amount for you to run to maximise your training
- Footstrike Trainer: this monitors how your feet hit the ground in real time during indoor runs and helps modify your technique in real time with in-app visual cues to reduce injury risk
- Metric Profiles: on the app you can view technique data to easily identify changes and improvement over time. Metrics include heart rate, distance, time, pace, splits, cadence, step length, foot strike, pronation and balance
- Live In-Run Coaching: NURVV Run reacts to your performance in real-time with targeted audio, visual, and haptic feedback during workouts, telling you what to do to make every run a success. Audio feedback works seamlessly with all your favorite music apps
- Unique Running Score: NURVV Run identifies how sustainable your running is and which aspect of your technique is putting you at risk of injury. It provides a unique and easy to understand Running Health Score which provides a personalised picture of how you’re running to help reduce your chances of getting injured. You get personalised Running Health score between 0-100 to indicate how sustainable your running is based on your training load, pronation, cadence and left/right balance
We are totally intrigued by this innovation. We’ll be testing in the magazine and will let you know what we think as soon as we’ve had a run using NURVV Run.
NURVV Run is now available at NURVV.com, Selfridges, Nurvv.com and Apple.com for £249.99. Each purchase includes two ultra-thin, comfortable insoles with lightweight GPS trackers and access to the free NURVV Run coaching app on the App Store and the Google Play store.