Become part of a global running community, participate in a worldwide virtual event and do something great at the same time!
It’s a no brainer right?
With the Vitality Running World Cup App, you can be part of something BIG.
It’s the first free global virtual running event where you run for your country and compete against the rest of the world. Whoever you are, wherever you are, around the world you can take part in representing your country no matter your ability. That’s right – NO. MATTER. YOUR. ABILITY. What a great opportunity for all of us.
By taking part you will gain access to the Vitality Running World Cup Goody Bag. This digital Goody Bag is worth over £200 and includes some exciting Women’s Running deals.
7 reasons why you should take part in the Vitality Running World Cup:
- Body & Mind – Goals help with motivation.
- Run anywhere you want – Get out there and find your favourite route.
- Bragging rights – You get to run for your country in the biggest running event in the world!
- Build your own team – You can create a team and invite friends to join to either work towards a target distance or compete against each other for the top of the leaderboard.
- You get a free digital goody bag worth over £200.
- You’re making a difference – Just by taking part you’re helping children in need receive a Polio vaccine around the world.
- You could be crowned a Running World Cup Champion!
So, are you in? Join hundreds of thousands of people around the world competing for world cup glory by downloading the app for free now.
The Vitality Running World Cup 2021 tournament starts on the 21st September – 10th October.
Join hundreds of thousands of people around the world competing for world cup glory by downloading the new app for free now.
Get ahead of your rivals by training and building your teams today.
The App brings all participants together, you can run anywhere you want at any time, and the unique thing about the Vitality Running World Cup is that there are knock-out rounds!
The 3 knock-out rounds are:
- The Qualifiers! This is where the whole world is battling it out to reach the next round. Everyone takes part and must run a minimum of 3Km within 30minutes to qualify a run to count towards your country’s total score. Every Runner Counts and the more runs you do, the more points your country gets! You also get bonus points for inviting friends to join in, running a greater distance and achieving your weekly goals, Winning!
- The Round of 16! Once the Qualifiers have ended, we tally up all the scores and the top 16 countries go through to the Round of 16. This is where Every Run Counts, the more runs you do, the more points your country scores. Grabbing those extra bonus points as you go helps too, to be in with a chance of being in the Finals! You’ve got this!
- The Finals! Once the Round of 16 have ended, we tally up all the scores again and the top 4 countries make it through to the Finals (whoop whoop!) This is it; this is your chance to become running world cup champions! You’re in the final stretch where Every Runner and Every Run Counts. To help your country win you need to pull out all the stops, run as much as you can, boost your team’s score with bonus points and become ultimate running world cup champs!
Hey but wait! What about all the runners who didn’t make it to the next round? Don’t worry, the great thing about the Vitality Running World Cup is that even if your country didn’t make it through, you can still run and make a difference. By taking part you’re not only doing something great for your own physical and mental health, you’re also supporting a fantastic cause. Just by running, you’re helping children around the world receive a vaccine, yes that’s right, one 3km run per week = one vaccine for a child in need, and now more than ever, we all know how important vaccines are. So, even if you didn’t make it to the finals, you can still make a difference by setting weekly running goals, continuing to run, and supporting Unicef in vaccinating children around the world. Amazing right?!
You can keep an eye on your country’s progress, see where you rank on the global rankings leaderboard, and view your contribution like, the running points you’ve gained, the awards you’ve achieved in your trophy cabinet and those cheeky bonus points you’ve grabbed throughout the event.
You can even create your own team where you can invite friends and family to join in and see who comes out on top!